I am a Lecturer in Philosophy at Cardiff University. My main interests are in normative ethics and moral psychology.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find my CV here.
- Are My Temporal Parts Agents? Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, forthcoming.
- Explaining the Paradox of Hedonism. Australasian Journal of Philosophy, forthcoming.
- What We Together Ought to Do. Ethics, 126 (2016): 955-982.
- Effective Altruism and Collective Obligations. Utilitas, forthcoming.
- Review of Oxford Studies in Normative Ethics, Volume 5, ed. Mark Timmons. Journal of Moral Philosophy, forthcoming.
I am currently scheduled to teach the following courses:
- Desires, Emotions and Happiness
- Debates in the History of Philosophy (with Sophie Archer)
- Four Great Works in Philosophy (with Sophie Archer)
I am committed to effective altruism, the project of trying to use reason and evidence to help others as much as possible. I try to devote part of my research to issues relevant to effective altruism, and am currently donating part of my income to the Effective Altruism Fund for global health and development (see my reasoning here).
Last updated September 2018.